1:00pm – 5:00pm
July 11, 2022
MR, 122CC – Courtyard Studio
150 1st Avenue New York, NY 10009
- Pre-registration is required.
- No drop-ins. Participants must register for the full workshop.
- This workshop takes place only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Covid-19 Safety Notice
updated on July 8th, 2022
New York City is currently experiencing HIGH transmission levels of COVID-19. For Week One of MELT (July 11-15), Movement Research will require all participants to complete a COVID rapid test for each day you are on-site at a Movement Research location. Tests for participants can be provided. Email [email protected]
- All participants, attendees, and visitors participating in MELT workshops must be Fully Vaccinated.
- All participants, attendees, and visitors must wear K95 or KN95 masks during the entire duration of the workshop. MR will provide K95/KN95 masks if you do not have/bring your own.
- As variants continue to arise and circumstances around the virus shift we may announce updated COVID protocols closer to the date of the workshops. Please note, any updated COVID protocols will require that all participants, attendees, and visitors must wear a K95 or KN95 mask during the entire duration of the workshop.
- If circumstances related to COVID-19 arise that prevent you from attending a workshop(s) for which you have pre-registered, you will be issued a full refund.
Read the >>Movement Research COVID-19 Safety Protocols<< in FULL.
This is an [In-person] MELT workshop happening at
MR's Courtyard Studio on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Pre-registration is required. No drop-ins.
Participants must register for the full workshop
What does the body ask us to for(e)get while moving in an ever-shifting landscape? This movement and media workshop will explore hybrid performance practices through which artists consider the body, identity, and collective history in public space, whether that space is on stage or within the digital domain. We will dive into the urgent political and personal projects that draw artists to digital art forms. Together we will move slowly asking questions about connection, care, trust, and holding multiple realities.
ASL interpretation is available upon request at least two weeks in advance to the event. To submit a request, please email [email protected] with the subject line "ASL interpretation request MELT Summer 2022.”
Audio Description is available upon request at least three weeks in advance to the event. To submit a request, please email [email protected] with the subject line "Audio Description interpretation request MELT Summer 2022.”
About the Studio:
The Courtyard Studio is located on the first floor of 122 Community Center. Studio door is 35.5 inches wide x 96 inches high. The studio has two levels: The concrete floor and the low-rise wooden floor. The wood floor is raised 2 inches from the concrete floor. There is a ramp located at the entrance of the studio that allows easy access to the wooden floor. There is a column located in the middle of the studio (20 inches wide) duly outlined with red masking tape at mid and floor level for easy identification. A 47-inch-wide, at-grade concrete walkway leads to the Courtyard Exit Door. The wooden floor is demarcated with red masking tape for easy differentiation between the two. The Courtyard Studio is a fragrance/scent free space. Note: The Door that accesses the Courtyard must be kept always closed. Access to the Courtyard is not permitted unless previously requested and approved by Movement Research.
For access requests and questions, please contact Christopher Unpezverde Núñez at [email protected], subject line "MELT jaamil olawale kosoko."
Accessibility information about Movement Research 122 Community Center.