1:00pm – 3:00pm
January 18, 2021
- This workshop will happen via Zoom.
- Drop-ins are not available.
This MELT workshop is offered virtually via Zoom:
Inner Space, The Architecture of the Body
In this workshop we will play with engaging our minds in the use of active images to find both the center and origin of movement impulses. Images are the seeds out of which movement grows. Clear and specific anatomical imagery allows us to see into the inner landscape of the body. Finding our center provides us with the greatest range of motion, and promotes movement with the least amount of compensation. Developing our inner awareness, the sense/knowing of our bodies connects us to a rich field of creativity.
“The work is about seeing” - Nancy Topf
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
- We ask that you please "Mute" yourself when you are not verbally participating.
- There is to be no recording of any kind of class.
- Please do your best to arrive on time and stay for the duration of the session. If you plan to leave early, inform the faculty member at the top of class using the "Chat" function in your Zoom window.
- Experiencing connectivity or technological issues? Either use the "Chat" function to communicate with the MR administrator, or email “[email protected]" and someone will assist you as soon as possible.