11:15am – 12:45pm
September 14, 2020
- This class is FREE!
- Register at the link provided on this webpage, and you'll receive a link in your email to join class.
- We welcome donations to support MR's online programming on our "Support" tab above.
- New to Zoom? Check out MR's Etiquette Guidelines before joining class.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Register at the link provided below. You'll receive a link in your email to join the session.
About this class:
In a 90 minute experience that collages writing prompts, colorful imagery, and dance and movement scores, I will share a web of ideologies and lessons referencing past teachers and mentors I continue to be inspired by.
I will provide original live soundscapes, and I ask for each of us to be with the body, voice, imagination, pleasure, and memory that we have in that moment. We will gather together in a once in a lifetime constellation to listen and respond to our individual herstories/histories.
You will be asked to move, rest, write, and sing in the languages that bring you most joy. You will be asked to take care of yourself.
What you need for class:
- space made available to rest, Dream, breathe, and move
- paper & pen
- a way to listen to music (suggestions: boom box, iPod, phone, tape player, or your memory)
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!