12:30pm – 1:30pm
Wednesdays, October 7, 2020
- This class is FREE!
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing the Etiquette Guidelines above.
Movement Research is excited to offer Feldenkrais® online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
About this class:
The Feldenkrais Method® studies the works of our nervous system and our ability to recognize and create movement patterns that are both more efficient and more pleasant. The method emphasizes awareness, distribution of effort/action through the whole self, expanding self-perception and our ability to carry out our intentions. This class is ideal for dancers and people from different backgrounds interested in discovering more about their physicality in a pain-free way and enjoying a larger sense of well-being.
What you need for class:
- Enough space to lie down and move your arms above your head
- A mat and pillows and/or supports for your head
- Please direct your camera as best you can to show where you'll be situated for the lesson. This will help Tasha give feedback.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!