1:00pm – 3:00pm
Fridays, June 5, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
- New to Zoom? Review our suggest etiquette guidelines below.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link in the inbox of the email you registered with to join the session. You must register separately for each occurrence of this class.
About this class:
This class draws on achugar's own practice developed through years of making performances as a tool for liberating ourselves from presupposed ways of being in our bodies and allowing a more liberated and utopian future self to emerge. Via this practice we investigate ways of uncovering what's already present (but perhaps repressed or suppressed/oppressed) in ourselves, and how to create the conditions to let it manifest and appear on its own. A practice of growing a new body; a connected body; an anarchic body; a utopian body… by becoming uncivilized with a practice of being in pleasure.
Please do your best to arrive within 5 minutes of class start time.
What you need for this class:
- Enough space to lie on the ground and extend all of your limbs out, and to move your limbs in your immediate sphere of potential movement without hitting something or knocking something down.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- Try to arrive on time, and stay for the duration if your schedule allows.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!
Payment and Support:
Movement Research online programming is FREE! We welcome donations of any size on our Support page here >>