1:00pm – 2:15pm
Fridays, November 27, 2020
- This class is FREE!
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing the Etiquette Guidelines.
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online programming. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
About this class:
This workshop explores how emotions circulate through the body. We will move together using imagery, meditation, and tasks that invite different ways of hosting and embodying emotional states and unnameable sensations. These practices will highlight how we might individually relate to different emotions and feelings that get lodged in our bodies. We will disentangle the emotions from known physicalities to try to discover alternate ways of moving and being in parallel with these emotions. Performers and non-performers of all backgrounds are welcome.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!