6:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesdays, October 21 – October 28, 2020
- This workshop is FREE!
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing the Etiquette Guidelines.
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online programming. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
About this class:
In this time when touch is restricted, we will tap into our most basic means of self touch, our voices. How can our voices shift our relationship to our bodies? We will use our voices to unlock our breath body; and our bodies to unlock our voices. A circle. How can this continuous flow of information facilitate knowing, remembering and enacting? We will invite our full histories to inform us through glorious vibration. The research I will share has been influenced by the practices of Jonathan Hart Makwaia, Nancy Stark Smith, Daria Faïn, Jennifer Monson, Urban Bush Women, Emily Johnson, Emilie Conrad, and many others. Exercises will incorporate self-touch. We will use simple prompts to generate embodied musical scores, making room for doubt, convergence and interrogation along the way. Open to all entries/experience levels.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!
This online workshop is FREE! We welcome donations of any size on our Support page here >>
[Virtual] The Sounding Body: Vibrating the Present
|Wed Oct 28||6:30pm - 8:30pm|