11:15am – 12:45pm
Mondays, October 5, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- There is no class on October 12 Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Participants must register for each occurrence of this class.
- New to Zoom? Review our suggested etiquette guidelines below before joining class.
- We welcome donations of any size on our Support tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Register at the link provided below. You'll receive a link in your email to join the session.
There is no class on October 12 Indigenous Peoples' Day.
About this class:
We will use practices rooted in Authentic Movement, minded by our bodies and individual spaces. This class will use writing and moving to explore our practices and habits, and bring awareness to an intuitive and empathetic response. We will dance, we will watch each other, we will write, and we will talk. The goal of this class is to notice patterns, pull, and premature hunches in the context of the spaces we're in and how to bring us closer to an embodied awareness.
What you need for class:
Space to move, paper and writing utensils.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to let your instructor know ("Chat" > "Chat with Host"). It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video in which someone is inattentive or not participating.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!