10:00am – 11:30am
Fridays, April 3, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer Qi Gong with Laurel Atwell online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online Zoom classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
Using 5 Element Theory within Traditional Chinese Medicine as a framework, we will practice physical exercises, breath, and visualizations to better see and handle our inner worlds while interacting with the external world. Learning how to connect to the earth, the universe, and ourselves simultaneously creates a dexterity of adaptations to your surroundings while honoring your intuition. This class will utilize physical practice, meditations, and discussion to deepen awareness as an encouragement for personal practice.
What you need for this class:
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Enough space around you so that you can stand upright with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Enough space to lie down with your legs extended is ideal, but not necessary. If standing isn’t an option, you're welcome to do class seated on a stool or chair.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!