6:30pm – 8:00pm
March 28, 2023
MR, 122CC – Courtyard Studio
150 1st Avenue New York, NY 10009
- This is an in-person FREE event happening at 122CC. RSVP required.
- This event includes auditive guidance and a projected presentation.
- Attendees must wear N95/KN95/KF94 during the entire event
- Proof of vaccination are not required to enter Studies Projects evens at 122CC.
[In-Person] Studies Project:
Dynamic Embodiment of the Sun Salutation—a book talk on a somatic resource manual for healing--from the physical to the vibratory
FREE. RSVP is required for in-person attendance.
This event will be livestreamed via MR YouTube Channel.
The link to join the livestream will appear on March 28 at 6:30pm.
For the HEALTH of OUR COMMUNITIES, we will continue to follow our current >>MR COVID-19 Safety Protocols<<. These protocols require all attendees to wear N95/KN95/KF94 during the entire event. Starting February 2023, showing proof of vaccination will not be required to enter Studies Projects events happening at 122 Community Center.
Shakti and Martha will be sharing some central gems from their recent book, Dynamic Embodiment of the Sun Salutation (by Handspring/Singing Dragon Press). The book describes a somatic approach to embodying yoga practice that brings awareness using many of the tools of Body-Mind Centering®. It also plays with spatial and fascial principles from Laban/Bartenieff Movement Studies.
The Sun Salutation provides a scaffolding for exploring these rich and profound cosmic universes intersections of BMC, LMA and Bartenieff's work.
This is a relaxed evening for falling into your glands and chakras through readings, viewing images, and experiential practices. We'll focus on the heart, adrenal glands, and joints, along with whatever else is present in the room.
- Have you wondered about the benefits of a somatic approach to yoga and how to embody the chakras?
- Have you ever felt overstretched or injured?
- Are you looking for resources for making your dancing or yoga lighter, freer and deeper?
- Have any curiosity about how Bartenieff Fundamentals and Laban’s tensegrity model brings energy to chakral regions - the neuroendocrine system?
- How using the developmental movement knowledge of BMC lightens effort?
The facilitators will have books available for purchase on-site the day of the event. Here is what Peter Ferko, Ishta Yoga Master Teacher says about the book,
"...the book is an in-depth resource on anatomy, philosophy, human movement, the endocrine system and somatic awareness."
-This event includes auditive guidance.
-This event includes a projected presentation.
For access-related questions or requests, please contact [email protected], subject line "Studies Project, Martha & Shakti."
[ID: Shakti and Martha, two white women, at the end of a dynamic embodiment yoga practice, standing near Ohm symbol painted on the wall at Unit108 Yoga Studio. They are both smiling, Shakti has her hand on Martha's shoulder, Martha's hands on her heart. Photo by Serge Cashman.]