3:00pm – 6:00pm
January 16, 2023
MR, 122CC – Ninth Street Studio
150 1st Avenue New York, NY 10009
- Pre-registration is required. Participants must register for the full workshop.
- This workshop includes auditive guidance.
- For general access questions, contact [email protected], subject line "MELT, Eleanor Bauer."
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All individuals participating in an in-person workshop at a Movement Research location must:
1. Be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks following receiving both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
2. Present on-site proof of vaccination and photo ID (which may include driver’s license, passport, government issued ID, school issued ID, or work issued ID card) in order to gain entry into the class.
3. Movement Research is unable to admit anyone who is not able to present these documents. Wear K95/KN95/KF94 masks during the entire duration of the workshop. MR will provide complimentary K95/KN95/KF94 masks if you do not have/bring your own.
4. Complete COVID rapid testing for each day you are on-site at a Movement Research location according to testing guidelines below. MR will provide complimentary testing kits if you do not have your own.
If circumstances related to COVID-19 arise that prevent you from attending a workshop(s) for which you have pre-registered, you will be issued a full refund.
Read the >>Movement Research COVID-19 Safety Protocols<< in FULL.
This is an [In-Person] MELT Workshop happening at
MR's Ninth Street Studio.
Pre-registration is required. No drop-ins.
Participants must register for the full workshop
In this workshop we will practice a variety of structured conditions for collective learning and creating in dance; open-source warmups, practice-sharing formats, structures for collective reflection; and choreographic performance containers. Collective Strategies includes a (non-mandatory for workshop participants) public presentation entitled Conversations on Thursday 19 January, wherein workshop participants are invited to invite the public into a process of processing developed within the workshop throughout the week.
Eleanor Bauer's workshop will feature an In-Person performative showing as a public extension of Bauer’s week-long Collective Strategies workshop. Find more details here.
-This workshop includes auditive guidance.
To request ASL (American Sign Language), contact [email protected] at least two (2) weeks prior to the workshop start date, subject line "MELT, ASL request, Eleanor Bauer."
To request Audio Description, contact [email protected] at least three (3) weeks prior to the workshop start date, subject line "MELT, Audio Description request, Eleanor Bauer."
For general access questions, contact [email protected], subject line "MELT, Eleanor Bauer."
About the Studio:
The Ninth Street Studio is located on the first floor at 122 Community Center and is wheelchair and mobility device accessible. Restrooms are wheelchair/mobility devices accessible and are all-gender. Accessibility information about Movement Research 122 Community Center.
[Image Description: Several bees gathered at work across a golden honeycomb.]