1:00pm – 4:00pm
April 24, 2022
537 Broadway 4th Fl New York, NY 10012
- This is an [In-person] Workshop.
- Pre-Registration is required.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination.
- Registration slots are limited.
- Participants must bring their own yoga mats.
MR 2021/ 2022 FESTIVAL,
Coming Together: Nurture, Nourish, Sustain
This is an In-PERSON Workshop hosted by Movement Research.
The event is offered on a Sliding Scale from $15-$50 and will take place at
Eden´s Expressway. Pre-Registration is required. Registration slots are limited. Please bring your own YOGA MAT!
For the HEALTH of OUR COMMUNITIES, we will continue to follow our current >>MR COVID-19 Safety Protocols<< which require that participants must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination before each class. Movement Research is unable to admit anyone who is not able to present vaccination proof and photo ID.
Embodying Yoga with Somatic Awareness: How to bring glandular, chakral, and developmental awareness to the Sun Salutation
Shakti Smith and Martha Eddy, authors of the recently published book, Dynamic Embodiment of the Sun Salutation (by Handspring Press) will be sharing a somatic approach to embodying yoga practice that brings awareness using many of the tools of Body-Mind Centering®.
Are you curious about how BMC®’s developmental and embodied anatomy work applies to a yoga practice? Come join, Martha and Shakti for a spacious afternoon for falling into your glands and chakras.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- a brief history of the Sun Salutation and Chakras.
- How to bring glandular, chakral, and developmental awareness to the Sun Salutation.
- How using the developmental knowledge of BMC® lightens the effort
- Using Bartenieff Fundamentals and Laban’s tensegrity model brings energy to chakral regions.
- And how to embody the glands.
This workshop will give new life to your current movement or yoga practice.
Accessibility Services Available upon request:
- ASL: Requests for ASL interpretation can be granted two weeks in advance of classes. To submit a request, please email [email protected] with the subject line "ASL interpretation request "Martha Eddy & Shakti Smith."
- Audio Description: Requests for Audio Description can be granted three weeks in advance of each session. To submit a request, please email [email protected] with the subject line "Audio Description interpretation request "Martha Eddy & Shakti Smith."
- For access questions, please contact Christopher Unpezverde Núñez at [email protected], subject line "Martha Eddy & Shakti Smith."
About Eden's Expressway: Location and Access information
Entrance and Studio: Eden’s Expressway is located in a residential building, in a fourth floor walk-up. For public classes and workshops, staff will be onsite to operate the elevator. Elevator width is 23 inches and inside the elevator is 30 inches.
Accessible Restrooms: The single restroom in the studio is not wheelchair accessible.
Service Animal: Movement Research is welcoming to individuals with service animals. Under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability.
Parking: Parking space is not available at this time. Please visit Soho Parking for parking lots near Eden’s Expressway.
Public Transportation: No accessible subway station with elevators close by. All subway and bus connections are subject to planned and unplanned service work. Please visit MTA Accessible Stations and Elevator and Escalator Status page for daily updates.