1:00pm – 3:00pm
January 11, 2021
- This MELT workshop is being offered virtually through Zoom.
- Registration is OPEN!
- Drop-ins are not available for this workshop.
Movement Research offers this MELT workshop virtually over Zoom.
IMAGINING LIBERATORY MVMT Happenings:
I need to arrive at abandon in my body again. I need to stretch, flex, and express.
I need to read and share my journal. I need to see and be seen.
I need to fall in love with my ancestors again.
I need to be re-inspired about my future. How about you?
And well how much of that is possible over Zoom?
Together we'll explore the body, mind, and metaphysical as one organic unit. A container of memory, story, culture, inquiry, and empathy to be ignited by movement and meditation.
If you can:
Clear out a room - push the furniture as far to side as you can, but keep the soft spaces (sofa, cushions, blankets) over sharp corners and edges.
Is there a small dance/yoga studio in your community with WiFi? Get to know the owner, see if they'll share their space with you- barter?
Prep snack/lunch/movie for the littles in your life, before class- see if you can grab 1.5 dedicated hrs- though the littles are totally welcomed!
Don't worry, you won't be able to see everyone while you work, lets see if we can "feel" each other, beyond distance.
Bring a Journal.
We'll explore states, while surrendering to the throes and pleasure of momentum and contemplation, all within the amoebic frame of Contemporary Technique.
MELT Zoom Etiquette Guidelines:
- We ask that you please "Mute" yourself when you are not verbally participating.
- There is to be no recording of any kind of class.
- Please do your best to arrive on time and stay for the duration of the session. If you plan to leave early, inform the faculty member at the top of class using the "Chat" function in your Zoom window.
- Experiencing connectivity or technological issues? Either use the "Chat" function to communicate with the MR administrator, or email “[email protected]" and someone will assist you as soon as possible.