10:00am – 12:00pm
December 17, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- Participants must register for each occurrence of this class.
- New to Zoom? Review our suggested etiquette guidelines below before joining class.
- We welcome donations to support online programming on our Support tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Register at the link provided below. You'll receive a link in your email to join the session.
Zavé is also teaching Friday, December 18 from 1:15-2:30pm. To learn more and register for that class session click here >>
About this class:
In this class we will meditate, visualize, move, and write together to tap into resiliency, free-ness, and embodied wisdom. Prompts and frameworks offer re/connection to the body as a starting point for transformation. Resiliency Motions samples embodied healing practices from Lama Rod Owens’ “Love and Rage”, practices centering the erotic as power from both Audre Lorde’s thought and Qi Gong, and anti-colonial wisdom of the body as nature.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to let your instructor know ("Chat" > "Chat with Host"). It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video in which someone is inattentive or not participating.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!