10:00am – 12:00pm
January 18, 2021
- This workshop will happen via Zoom.
This MELT workshop is offered virtually via Zoom:
we kiss in the shadow, wondering if others can see.
are they looking?
WE QUEER OUTDOORS, with gestures that resist the normative.
we know how to queer, but we wonder how we know.
this workshop explores making*queering*dancing.
we begin with our willingness to undo the assumptions thrown at us.
after that, who knows what all we might do?
this workshop will explore queer modes of address and queer|making|dancing as stabilizing possibilities of experimental live art. we will explore queer possibilities as ancestor-worship, re-membering our queer kin and how they moved. we will uncover queer futures, always there in plain sight, moving us towards an other way of being. and we will make UNPRECEDENTED structures, fashioning queerlove into bulbous ribbons of taffy-like butch queen transrealness.
reading list: crawley*sharpe*croft*munoz*koppleson*houston-jones*tinsley
[well, not all of this in a single week of course ….]
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
- We ask that you please "Mute" yourself when you are not verbally participating.
- There is to be no recording of any kind of class.
- Please do your best to arrive on time and stay for the duration of the session. If you plan to leave early, inform the faculty member at the top of class using the "Chat" function in your Zoom window.
- Experiencing connectivity or technological issues? Either use the "Chat" function to communicate with the MR administrator, or email “[email protected]" and someone will assist you as soon as possible.