9:00am – 10:00am
Wednesdays, November 4, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing our Zoom class etiquette guidelines before joining class.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
About Alice MacDonald's Alexander Technique class:
Movement Research’s weekly Alexander Technique class provides space to embody ideas that foster our capacity for being present, available, and adaptable in our dancing and our daily lives. Together we will practice building awareness around how we are moving, thinking, and interacting with ourselves. We will explore the opportunities in our awareness for creating supportive choices in our thought and movement experiences. In addition, we will spend time looking at anatomy, exploring self-touch, and apply principles of the Alexander Technique to daily movements like walking and sitting.
For virtual class please have enough space to lie on the floor and 1 or 2 thin books to use as a support under your head.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to let your instructor know ("Chat" > "Chat with Host"). It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video in which someone is inattentive or not participating.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!