11:15am – 12:30pm
Mondays, November 2, 2020
- This is a FREE class!
- New to taking class on Zoom? We suggest reviewing the Etiquette Guidelines before joining.
- Donate to Movement Research at the Support tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link in the inbox of the email you registered with to join the session. You must register separately for each occurrence of a given class.
Jasmine Hearn is teaching November 2, 9, and 23:
Register here for class on November 2 and 9:
Register here for class on November 23:
(There's no difference between the content of the above class sessions. We list separate registration dates because this is how Zoom is set up.)
About this class:
In a 90 minute experience that collages writing prompts, colorful imagery, and dance and movement scores, I will share a web of ideologies and lessons referencing past teachers and mentors I continue to be inspired by.
I will provide original live soundscapes, and I ask for each of us to be with the body, voice, imagination, pleasure, and memory that we have in that moment. We will gather together in a once in a lifetime constellation to listen and respond to our individual herstories/histories.
You will be asked to move, rest, write, and sing in the languages that bring you most joy. You will be asked to take care of yourself.
What you need for class:
- space made available to rest, Dream, breathe, and move
- paper & pen
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!