6:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesdays, November 4, 2020
- This class is FREE!
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing the Etiquette Guidelines.
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online programming. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
About this class:
The Voice is an instrument that radiates from the soul, resonates in the body, and is pure energy and touch. Harnessing the energy of the Voice is a strength that is felt deep within ourselves and heard loudly outside of ourselves.
This workshop is dedicated to Vocal Expression, sensing the voice, feeling and understanding the physicality of sound, freeing our minds of preconceived ideas of song, and realizing the transformational healing effects we have on ourselves and others when we use our voice with intention and love. Both through introspective work and outward playfulness, we will explore the voice as an instrument that radiates from the imagination, body and movement, not limited to conventions of language, but rather able to convey myriad forms of communication.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!