2:00pm – 3:15pm
June 2, 2020
- This is FREE class!
- Participants must register separately for each occurrence of this class.
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing our Zoom class etiquette guidelines before joining class.
Online classes are cancelled on June 2, 2020. In solidarity with BIPOC communities, Movement Research is participating in #BlackOutTuesday. This is not a day off, but a day to listen, learn and advocate for a more equitable and just society. Write & call your government representatives. Use this time to educate yourself, family and friends about the damaging effects of white privilege and systemic racism. #TheShowMustBePaused
About this class:
Johanna’s teaching incorporates her work in dance, somatic practices, and strength training, combining classical and other styles of Pilates. She uses these approaches as tools to work with a wide range of bodies from dancers to people recovering from injuries. The class incorporates Therabands, rollers, and fitness balls if the students have access to them, but can follow along without. She works from micro to macro movements helping clients to experience the anatomy of joint release.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!