1:00pm – 2:20pm
April 17, 2020
- This is FREE class!
- Donate to support Movement Research online programs on our "Support" Tab above.
- New to Zoom? We suggest reviewing our Zoom class etiquette guidelines before joining class.
Movement Research is excited to offer this class online via Zoom. Registration is required for MR online classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link in the inbox of the email you registered with to join the session. You must register separately for each occurrence of a given class.
About this class:
Jon Kinzel is teaching April 13, 17, and 20. Monday classes and Friday class use separate registration links. Head to our Calendar, and find the class dates that you wish to register for.
Class is designed to access multiple threads at once such as: greater range of motion and articulation; isolated and momentum-driven movement forms; set and improvised material; sense of scale, space, rhythm, alignment, balance, ascent, and descent; and dancing that supports traversing through space and shifting off center in a mode that reflects a play between athleticism, performance, and a particular disposition. We will adopt class to suit the spaces around us.
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!