6:30pm – 8:00pm
Wednesdays, April 1 – April 8, 2020
150 1st Avenue New York, NY 10009
Samita Sinha will be offering this workshop via Zoom, adapting it to virtual space!
Registration is required for Movement Research online Zoom classes. Once you register, you'll receive a link to join the session.
How can you know and unlearn the space of your body through voice? How can you move and be moved by what exists in psychic space, shaping your desires and the world around you through sound? What is the agency of sound itself? When deeply felt and heard, what can vibration reveal, including possibilities for relating? In this lab we will work from foundations of Indian traditions into wide open space: how tones move through specific physical and energetic centers to create a continuum, a spectrum of sound, and how fragments of form (rooted in North Indian classical raga) can be keys, portals for greater openings.
What you need for this class:
- A space to sit (floor or chair) where you can make sound comfortably, wearing clothes you can breathe in.
- Headphones (if you have access to them)
Movement Research Zoom Etiquette:
Since many of us are new to taking class on Zoom, MR has compiled some etiquette guidelines to ensure that everyone’s time in class is full and respected.
- We ask that you "mute" yourself at all times, unless Faculty has asked you to verbally participate.
- If you’re dropping in to see how this class might suit you, please keep your video off. Send a message to just your instructor ("Chat" > "Chat with Host") so that they know that this is what you’re doing. It can be disorienting for both your instructor and fellow participants to see a video that is turned off, or one in which someone is inattentive.
- Have a question or concern? Use the chat function to communicate with the class and/or teacher.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy class!
Movement Research online programming is FREE! We welcome donations of any size on our Support page here >>
[Virtual] The Sounding Body: Full and Empty
|Wed Apr 8||6:30pm - 8:00pm|