10:00am – 3:00pm
December 8, 2019
150 1st Avenue New York, NY 10009
ComeUnion: Caring Gathering & Exchange is a platform for bodyworkers, herbalists, somatic practitioners and people seeking healing services to congregate. This shared space is open for the interchange of goods, services, remedies, and practices through alternative economies. Each individual and practitioner will mutually determine negotiations of practices and remedies. All negotiations (trading, bartering, samples, discounts, sliding scales, donations, etc.) are to take place in a spirit and intention to co-create more accessible healing spaces while honoring the labor of caring.
The curators have already invited body practitioners to offer their practices for exchange with other artists.
This is a space self-governed by those who partake in it. Questions about this event? Email [email protected]
Confirmed practitioners and practices:
- Autosomatica (10am-2pm) - Autosomatica will hold space for participants to view an hour long Functional Integration session and gather to discuss its elements and ethics. A sign up sheet will be available for participants to secure future donation sessions.
- sára abdullah, founder of earth seed holistic, will be offering small batch, seasonal herbal medicine (10am-3pm)
- Lydia Chrisman - Alexander Technique, short lessons (10am-12pm)
- Alice MacDonald - Alexander Technique Mini Lessons (1-3pm)
- Dustin Maxwell - Dustin is offering free sample, mini sessions of Thai Yoga Bodywork. Accessible to every body! (12-2pm),
- Grace Osborne - Body Work with Therapeutic Sound and Oracle Card Readings (12-3pm)
- Antonio Ramos - Integration Feldenkrais/massage/Zero Balancing (1-3pm)
- Laura Tuthall - Alexander Technique, short lessons (11:30am-1:30pm)
- KK de La Vida - Dagdagay Foot Stick Massage (12-3pm)
Click on these practitioners bio pages below for additional information about their individual practices: