The Movement Research Space Subsidy Program provides subsidized rehearsal space to artists involved in a dance or movement-related process at a rate as low as $10 per hour.
Movement Research rehearsal space is made possible Dance/NYC’s New York City Dance Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; and In partnership with Mertz Gilmore Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program.
We are now accepting booking requests for rehearsal space through December 2019.
Please note: Rehearsal space bookings for January 2020 are not open yet. We will continue to update you here, so please check back.
Interested in booking studio space?
Prior to requesting a booking:
Please consult the online calendars of availability for our locations listed below. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the text "View calendar of availability":
- MR, 122CC – Courtyard Studio (this calendar has a blue color accent)
- MR, 122CC – Ninth Street Studio (this calendar has a purple color accent)
- Eden's Expressway (this calendar has a green color accent)
To ask a question about booking space, email [email protected]. Stay up-to-date on last-minute studio availability by going to our homepage and signing up for our Artist Opportunities E-blast!
To book space:
Please check our online calendars of availability by clicking on location names above, and then email your request to [email protected]
Weekend requests must be submitted by 3pm on the Friday prior to the requested dates, and responses for studio requests over the weekend will be reviewed on the following Monday.
Access requests or questions:
Please contact Julienne Rencher at [email protected] or (212) 598-0551 (voice only) for access requests or questions.
- We accept studio bookings through email only.
- Movement Research offers rehearsal space bookings at three locations in New York City.
- Due to the delicate nature of the studio floor at Eden's Expressway, street, tap and flamenco shoes are not permitted.
- Be in the know: Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for last minute booking opportunities!
PLEASE NOTE: You can only pay online once your booking has been confirmed with a Movement Research staff member. Paying for an unconfirmed booking does not count as reserving space.
To pay with credit card, select the number of hours you would like to book. If you are booking more than five hours, you will need to add an hour to your cart, and then update the quantity to the appropriate number of hours in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to double check that you are paying for the correct amount of hours.