We are happy to announce a phased reopening of our Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program for our studios located in the 122 Community Center at 150 First Avenue. Beginning October 25th, we will be accepting requests for subsidized rehearsal space at $10/hour for rehearsals between the dates of January 3, 2022 -March 31, 2022.
The Movement Research Space Subsidy Program provides subsidized rehearsal space to artists involved in dance or movement-related processes at a rate as low as $10 per hour.
Movement Research's Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program is supported by Dance/NYC’s New York City Dance Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and the Mertz Gilmore Foundation.
Interested in booking studio space?
What you need to know about the continuation of the phased reopening of our Subsidized Studio Space Program:
- The MR Studios at 122CC will be available during regular hours (9:00am-10:00pm) every day of the week for studio time reservations. Eden's Expressway is not available for bookings at this time.
- Please check our calendars of availability before sending in your request. We are currently maintaining a 30 minute buffer between all activities in our studios as part of our Covid Safety Protocols.
- At this time, we can only support requests that include a minimum of 8 hours of studio time. (For example, four 2-hour rehearsal slots or three 3-hour slots over multiple days would meet this minimum.)
- Individuals who submit requests must provide proof of vaccination and Photo ID here: Covid Vaccine Verification Form
- Email all requests to [email protected]. Rental inquiries must be sent a minimum of one week in advance of the first requested studio time.
Access requests or questions:
Please contact Mariah Busk, [email protected] for further access requests or questions.
- We accept studio bookings for the Courtyard Studio and 9th St. Studio through email only.
- Studios are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am-10:00pm, with the latest start time available for booking at 5:00pm.
- Rental is available only to those who can provide proof of full vaccination.
PLEASE NOTE: You can only pay online once your booking has been confirmed with a Movement Research staff member. Paying for an unconfirmed booking does not count as reserving space.
To pay with credit card, select the number of hours you would like to book. If you are booking more than five hours, you will need to add an hour to your cart, and then update the quantity to the appropriate number of hours in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to double check that you are paying for the correct amount of hours.