We are happy to announce a phased reopening of our Subsidized Studio Space Program for our studios located in the 122 Community Center at 150 First Avenue. Beginning October 25th, we will begin taking requests for November 1st-December 31st 2021 during limited hours for public renters at our $10/hour subsidized rate.
The Movement Research Space Subsidy Program provides subsidized rehearsal space to artists involved in dance or movement-related processes at a rate as low as $10 per hour.
Movement Research rehearsal space is made possible Dance/NYC’s New York City Dance Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; and In partnership with Mertz Gilmore Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program.
Interested in booking studio space?
Before requesting space with us, please consider the following:
- The Courtyard Studio and Ninth St Studio at 122CC will be available for rental Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am-10:00pm, with the latest start time available for booking at 5:00pm. This ensures that either an MR Staff member or 122CC Front Desk Staff can provide renters with building access. Eden’s Expressway is not available for studio rental at this time.
- Space requests must be a minimum total of 8 hours of studio time. For example, four 2-hour rehearsal slots or three 3-hour slots over multiple days would meet this minimum.
- Rental inquiries must be sent one week in advance of your first studio time.
- Due to New York City’s current Key to NYC mandate, we will only be renting space to those who can provide proof of full vaccination.
If you are able to, please follow these instructions for booking studio space.
1. Check our calendars: Take a look at our calendars for studio availability. Keep in mind, we are currently limiting public requests to the Courtyard Studio and Ninth St. Studio at 122CC Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm.
- MR, 122CC – Courtyard Studio (this calendar has a blue color accent)
- MR, 122CC – Ninth Street Studio (this calendar has a purple color accent)
2. Send in photo ID and proof of vaccination: Renter proof of vaccination will need to be approved prior to booking space. Please complete our Covid Vaccine Verification Form to send in a .jpg, .png, or screenshot of your photo ID along with one of the following forms of proof of vaccination:
- CDC vaccination card (A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable).
- NYC Vaccination Record (A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable).
- NYC COVID Safe App
- Excelsior Pass (NY)
3. Email [email protected] with the studio times you would like to book. In this email, please confirm that you sent in proof of vaccination and send a list of anyone who will be onsite with you during your rehearsal process. All collaborators must send in proof of vaccination 48 hours before your first rehearsal. If additional collaborators join your rehearsal process later on, you must notify us.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us with studio availability based on your requests and payment instructions.
Access requests or questions:
Please contact Mariah Busk, [email protected] or (212) 598-0551 (voice only) for further access requests or questions.
- We accept studio bookings for the Courtyard Studio and 9th St. Studio through email only.
- Studios are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am-10:00pm, with the latest start time available for booking at 5:00pm.
- Rental is available only to those who can provide proof of full vaccination.
PLEASE NOTE: You can only pay online once your booking has been confirmed with a Movement Research staff member. Paying for an unconfirmed booking does not count as reserving space.
To pay with credit card, select the number of hours you would like to book. If you are booking more than five hours, you will need to add an hour to your cart, and then update the quantity to the appropriate number of hours in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to double check that you are paying for the correct amount of hours.