Beginning June 24, 2022, we will be accepting rehearsal requests between the dates of July 5-August 21, 2022.
MR is closed to the public from August 22-September 5, 2022.
About MR Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program
The Movement Research Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program provides subsidized rehearsal space to artists involved in dance or movement-related processes at a rate as low as $10 per hour. Artists may book rehearsal at MR Studios located in the 122 Community Center at 150 First Avenue.
Movement Research Studios and Offices at 122 Community Center are accessible spaces. Our 2 studios, Courtyard Studio and Ninth st studio, are located on the first floor and are wheelchair and mobility device accessible. The second-floor office is accessible by elevator.
For accessibility requests and questions contact
[email protected] with the subject Rehearsal Space.
Movement Research's Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program is supported by Dance/NYC’s New York City Dance Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and the Mertz Gilmore Foundation.
Interested in booking studio space?
What you need to know:
Covid-19 Protocols for the Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program
- Individuals who submit studio space requests must provide proof of vaccination and Photo ID here: Covid Vaccine Verification Form
- Masks are still required:
- In the common areas of 122 Community Center.
- During MR Workshops and Classes.
- Masks are optional:
- ONLY in the MR Studios during private studio booking times.
How to Request Space:
- The MR Studios at 122CC will be available during regular hours (9:00am-10:00pm) every day of the week for studio time reservations. Eden's Expressway is not available for bookings at this time.
- Please check our calendars of availability before sending in your request. We are currently maintaining a 30-minute buffer between all activities in our studios as part of our Covid Safety Protocols. The blocked times on the calendars do not include this buffer.
- Email all requests to [email protected] Space requests must be sent a minimum of one week in advance of the first requested studio time.
- For accessibility inquiries, please reach out to [email protected] with the subject Rehearsal Space.
- We accept studio bookings for the Courtyard Studio and 9th St. Studio through email only.
- Studios are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am-10:00pm, with the latest start time available for booking at 5:00pm.
- Rental is available only to those who can provide proof of full vaccination.
PLEASE NOTE: You can only pay online once your booking has been confirmed with a Movement Research staff member. Paying for an unconfirmed booking does not count as reserving space.
To pay with credit card, select the number of hours you would like to book. If you are booking more than five hours, you will need to add an hour to your cart, and then update the quantity to the appropriate number of hours in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to double check that you are paying for the correct amount of hours.