5:00pm – 6:30pm
September 26, 2017
7:00pm – 8:30pm
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- This workshop is part of Movement Research In Partnership!
- Participants must be available for all rehearsal and performance dates following the workshop; Registration is for one workshop only.
- This workshop is intended for female-identifying performers between the ages of 15 and 30.
- MR Class Cards are not applicable.
Movement Research works in partnership with local, national, and international organizations to create opportunities that spur interaction and exchange among choreographers and movement based artists through residencies, workshop exchanges, informal showings, and discussions.
Workshopping Corbeaux (Crows) is designed to introduce and present Moroccan choreographer Bouchra Ouizguen’s performance Corbeaux (Crows). Corbeaux (Crows) is a participatory performance presented by presented by the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF)'s 2017 Crossing the Line Festival in partnership with Abrons Arts Center, Movement Research, and the Brooklyn Museum. The first workshop session on September 26 will invite participants to explore Bouchra’s creation process for Corbeaux (Crows) and offer a taste of the performance. The exchange between the choreographer and workshop participants will challenge notions of the intimate and the collective, voice and movement. At the end of the workshop, selected participants will be invited to continue the process with Bouchra in order to integrate into the performance with the Moroccan artists of her Company.
To join a workshop on Tuesday September 26, participants must be available for continued workshop rehearsals September 27, 28, 29 from 6:30-9PM and for performances on September 30 at 12:00PM & 4:00PM and on October 1 at 3:00PM. On performance days, participants must be available for rehearsal 2 hours before each performance begins.
- This workshop is intended for female-identifying performers between 15-30 years old. 18-30 year olds can register through Movement Research here. Youth-related inquiries (15-17 year olds) should contact [email protected] for registration.
- The performance is very demanding on the neck and on the cervical region.
- The Tuesday workshops are open to participants available for the full 4 workshop rehearsals and performances from September 25 to October 1.
For more information about the performances visit https://crossingthelinefestival.org/2017/artists/bouchra-ouizguen/
Workshops (choose one)
September 26 TUE 5-6:30pm or 7-8:30pm
September 27-29 WED THU FRI 6:30-9pm
September 30 SAT 12pm (10am call) & 4pm (2pm call)
October 1 SUN 3pm (1pm call)